A meat free take on a tea-time special! This dish is full of flavour, wholesomeness and family friendly serving 4 people.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 sticks celery (minced)
- 1 large carrot (minced)
- 100g mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Wash, peel and chop potatoes (save the skins to one side). Boil with 2 cloves of garlic until fork tender (10-15mins)
- Whilst the potatoes at boiling gentle sauté the onions and garlic. Once soft add in the minced celery, carrot and mushrooms.
- Cook with the herbs, until softened. Add in your chopped tomatoes and puree and leave to simmer until cooked through.
- Mash up the cooked potatoes.
- Transfer your herby mix into an oven prof tray. Top with your mashed potatoes, followed by your potato skins.
- Add to a preheated oven until the skins have crisped up.
- Serve and enjoy! Tag @welleasyuk