Struggling with a bloated belly, potential IBS or wanting to try a twist on a staple recipe! Here is a brilliant onion and garlic free take on a mushroom madras. Note: if you are following a low FODMAPs diet the cauliflower rice will need to be replaced.
• 1 tsp Vegan Ghee
• 1/2 block firm tofu
• spices: 1 tsp turmeric / 1 tsp paprika / 1 tsp cumin / 1 tsp ground coriander/ 1 tsp chilli powder / 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 inch ginger finley chopped
• 1 handful of mushrooms chopped
• 2 tbsp tomato purée & 5 tbsps water
• 1/4 can of Coconut Cream
• 1 handful cherry tomatoes
1. Gently fry tofu in ghee for 2-3 mins. Add in spices and cook for another 2-3 mins. Add in ginger, mushrooms, tomato purée & water followed by coconut cream.
2. Cook until mushrooms have softened. Add in cherry tomatoes.
3. Whilst the curry is in the last few moments prepare your cauliflower rice.
4. Plate up, serve and enjoy HOT!